According to MOE, Sharjah Inclusive Education means that all students have the right to be educated to the extent possible with their age-appropriate peers who do not necessarily have disabilities in the general education setting of their neighborhood school with support provided.
Our Own English High School Sharjah Girls’ accomplished by providing counselling to students and parents, advocacy and referral services and learning support to students.
The counsellor/special educator assists students in the areas of academic achievement; personal / social development and career development, ensuring that today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. To meet the needs of all students today and tomorrow, the department provides a balance of direct and indirect services and activities.
Some of the services provided by the department include:
- Individual and group counselling.
- Out class support sessions.
- Student and parent counselling and peer support.
- Assisting students with academic, emotional and behavioral concerns and career guidance to high school students.
- Assisting teachers to identify and address learning and behavioral difficulties.
- Facilitating successful communication between and among teachers, parents, and students.
- Connecting students, parents and staff with specialized ministry approved centres.
- In class support given to the child by LSA.
- Conducting workshops to create awareness among all the stake holders.
The counselling department also runs a life skills program known as PULSE – “Personal & Universal Life Skills Education" to assist students to meet the challenges of life. The different modules of PULSE include personal grooming, table etiquette, handling emotions, self-defense, health nutrition & lifestyle and peer pressure etc.
The aim is to help students in developing healthy, fulfilling relationships and empowering students to navigate their way towards greater self-sufficiency and efficacy.
Meet Our Inclusion Team
Inclusion Support Team - Phase 1
Inclusion Support Team - Phase 2
Inclusion Support Team - Phase 3
Inclusion Support Team - Phase 4
SEND Admission Policy