Ms. Asma Gilani
Each year I reflect on our achievements and rejoice at all that we have done in the past years. Though much has changed over the years, our promise remains the same. We stand committed to quality education, which ensures high academic attainment at all levels. Teachers put forth their maximum effort and seek ways to support their students. It is a privilege to celebrate the spirit of success as our girls continue to shine by achieving excellent results in the CBSE Examinations.
In this year’s CBSE Grade 12 Results 2019,
- Misba Sabu is the UAE Topper in Humanities with an aggregate of 97%.
- Harini Balamurugan (Science Stream) is the SCHOOL TOPPER with an aggregate of 97.4%
- Madhulika Karthi is the Topper in Commerce stream with 96.4 %.
Total number of students who appeared for Grade 12 CBSE 2019 exams: 287
All 287 students have passed with a school average of 84.6%
33.1% of students have scored 90% and above.
84.6% of students have scored 75% and above.
24 students secured A1 grade in all five subjects.
34 students secured A1 grade in four out of five subjects.
- In Science: Gayathri Sivakumar Menon secured the second position with 97 % followed by Aysha Sherin with 96.6% .
- In Commerce: Ria Lakhani is the second school topper with 95 % followed by Ann Maria Jomon with 94.6%
- In Humanities: Ivy Ganguly secured the second position with 96.4% followed by Haneen Urooj with 96.2%.
In this year’s CBSE Grade 10 Results-2019,
- Arya Manoj is the SCHOOL TOPPER with an aggregate of 97.8% closely followed by Arya Suneesh with an aggregate of 97.4%.
- Afifa Jamal secured the third position with 97.2 %.
48.39% of students have scored an average of 90% and above
19.95% of students have scored between 85 and 90%
99.77 of students have scored more than 60%
The overall average is 87.14%
Please join me in congratulating our students and wishing them all the very best in their future endeavours as they step out into the world as smart global citizens.
Our students also won laurels in many innovative and technology-driven competitions like:
- DIDI – First Prize (Dubai Holding Challenge)
- Manipal Young Innovators – First Prize
- TechnoTalent Fest – First Prize
- Sony Gems Movie Making – Second Prize
- ENBD Challenge – Top 4 finalist
- GIC – People Choice Awards (Junior & Senior )
- Steamthlon – First Runner up
The school strives to provide a stimulating environment so that each child’s energy is channelized in the right direction. Our students have been appreciated for their literary, artistic and athletic ability exhibited at various inter-school competitions, CBSE Nationals and other MOE events. I thank the incredible training and guidance given by our dedicated staff who not only teach the students the techniques but also instill the value of hard work, honesty, fair play, and team spirit.
In addition, our students have also been awarded the prestigious ‘Sheikh Hamdan Award’ and ‘Sharjah Excellence Award’ for outstanding academic achievements. The global presence of Our Own Girls can be measured by the number of students pursuing tertiary education at prestigious universities across the globe and making a niche for themselves.
Keeping in mind the challenges of the changing world, this year will be a year of setting and reaching attainable goals, working harder and smarter and taking our school and student achievement to the next level of “SUCCESS”. You can look forward to encountering a highly intensive and challenging academic program that will ensure all students become critical thinkers, active problem-solvers, inquisitive readers, diligent researchers and prolific writers. We do all of this to prepare our students for the demands of the real world so they may become productive citizens, become our future leaders, and contribute and/or give back something positive to the community.
We are thankful to the supportive parent community who believe in the ethos of the school. As we pursue our educational journey, we look forward to meaningful interactions with you to provide a solid and unwavering foundation to our children and thereby cultivate positive, confident and unafraid adults.
We are grateful to Sharjah Private Education Authority-Sharjah(SPEA), GEMS Management and colleagues for their understanding and support.
We wish you all a very exciting and enriching academic year.
Ms Asma Gilani
Principal / CEO